Study in Sweden
Want to study in Sweden? Know some Fast Facts about Sweden as one of the best study abroad destination.
- Sweden a North European- Scandinavian country with a population of 9,716,962, is bordered by Norway to the West, Finland to the East, and the Baltic Sea to the South. As common to all Scandinavian countries, Sweden is a cold, yet immensely beautiful, low populated and one the most expensive countries to live in.
- Sweden is cold all through the year but there are many regions with mild bearable climatic conditions as well. Summer temperatures in Sweden range between 8 to 17°C. February is usually Sweden's coldest month, with temperatures ranging from -22 to -30°C. In northern Sweden, winter temperatures often drop to -50°C.
- Swedish people are primarily of Germanic origin. High percentage of Lapp Sami population (indigenous Finno-Ugric people of north European origin inhabiting the Sápmi region). Other immigrants, include Finns, Yugoslavians, Danish, Norwegians, Dutch, Greeks, and Turkish people. There is a rise in immigrants from Middle-Eastern countries as refugees and asylees.
- Swedish being the official language of Sweden is held in high regard followed by German, English and French. Almost 85% percent of Swedish people can speak fluent English. This makes it an attractive destination for students, tourists, and immigrants.
- Sweden is an expensive country mostly due to its high tax structure which keeps the welfare of the state well fueled. Sweden is consistently ranked high in global surveys depicting standard of living, happiness index, health and well-being quotient and clean environments. All sorts of living expenses like housing, groceries, food & dining, transportation, shopping, communication, etc are comparatively higher than other European countries.
- Sweden has a mixed economic system offering private freedom, combined with government regulation and centralized economic planning system. As a member of the European Union it is a developed, export-oriented economy with a GDP growth rate of 2.3% per year. Its the highest exporter of timber, hydro-power, and iron ore. In recent times, Tourism also owns a large share in its expanding economy.
- From employment prospective, Sweden is one of the best countries to work in. It is famous for the unbelievable work-life balance it offers. Because of the employee oriented labor regulations and employment policies there is no scope for exploitation of employees. Employees are expected to put in a minimum number of quality working hours per week with many perks, benefits, allowances, maternity and paternity leaves and a good salary. The Swedish Public Employment Agency supports people who are open to employment.
Sweden Education System
- Sweden’s educational system offers pristine environment for global students. The working language of the country is Swedish but 85 % Swedish can speak fluent English, hence, international students have a great scope to settle down in this country.
- The academic calendar is divided into two semesters:
- Autumn semester which begins- end of August, end- mid-January, with a break in December.
- Spring semester begins- mid-January, end- beginning of June.
- Bachelor’s programs, known as undergraduate programs, enroll students from upper secondary school and are usually to be completed in 3 to 4 years. Master’s programs, also known as graduate programs, are extended specializations of subjects studied during Bachelor’s and can be 1.5 to 3 years long
- PhD programs, known as doctoral programs, are research degrees which involve 5 to 8 years of work towards a thesis / dissertation. The duration and setup of PhD programs vary between universities.
Universities in Sweden
Application Requirements to Study in Sweden
|UNDER GRADUATE ( Bachelor's )||GRADUATE ( Master's )|
|TOEFL / IELTS / PTE|
|GRE / GMAT|
|Work Experience Documents||*Variable|
*Variable- This requirement varies according to the program and university
How to Apply Through Whizstorm
SIGN UP and Search
If you wish to study in Sweden, then you are at the right place. SIGN UP to our Web-based Portal that provides information of thousands of programs in Sweden from which you can find the right programs that suit your goals, interests and requirement. Know more about how to Search-Shortlist-Apply through Whizstorm
Buy our PLAN that streamlines your Study In Sweden process
Whizstorm offers various PLANS for dedicated assistance wherein our process experts assist you in every phase of your process starting with profile assessment, course selection, documentation, application, admission, financial planning and VISA. Know How Whizstorm helps with PLANS to STUDY IN Sweden
All these PLANS on WhizStorm are offered and serviced on our web-based portal, you can access your Advanced Student Dashboard which helps you to manage and track your process with complete assistance from your dedicated advisor.
Successfully Complete the Process and FLY to Study in Sweden
Thus you can take our PLANS from anywhere in the world so that we help you successfully complete your STUDY IN Sweden Process and Fly to achieve your dream of education abroad.
Explore our PLANS to STUDY in Sweden
- Get dedicated assistance at every step of profile assessment, university selection, documentation, application, admission and VISA to start your Sweden Education process
- Our Online software platform with access to the advanced dashboard enables you to track and manage your study abroad process simply and in time.
- Reasonably priced plans to help you at all the steps you need so that you can sucessfully start with your STUDY IN Sweden