Study in Netherlands
Want to study in Netherlands? Know some Fast Facts about Netherlands as one of the best study abroad destination.
- Netherlands sometimes known as Holland, is a north-western european country surrounded by the North Sea, Belgium and Germany, with a population of 1.71 crores. Amsterdam, its capital city is a home to at least 200 different nationalities. Geographically, it is considered a flat country and is low relative to the sea level.
- Netherlands is a constitutional monarchy and a parliamentary democracy since 1848, ruled by coalition government. Although it occupies only 0.008% of the world’s land surface, it is the third largest exporter of agricultural. It is also ranked first in the most innovative countries list in 2017. It is considered a flat country and is low relative to the sea level.
- Being the sixth-largest economy in the European Union, it plays an important role as a European transportation hub, with consistent industrial relations, trade surplus and low rate of unemployment. Industries are focused on food processing chemicals, petroleum refining, and electrical machinery along with large exports of agricultural surplus. It has a highly automated agricultural sector employing minimum labor force and producing yields for further food-processing.
- The Netherlands is part of the euro zone countries and its monetary policy is governed by the European Central Bank. It has a highly concentrated financial sector with the oldest stock exchange in the world and four commercial banks possessing over 80% of banking assets. It's GDP growth rate is 2.9 % per year.
- Netherlands with its natural beauty, unique topography, perfectly maintained cities & country-sides attracts a large number of tourists every year. According to a recent survey approximately 16 million tourists visit Netherlands per year.
- One might witness some skepticism towards immigrants, yet, Dutch people are actually very humble, welcoming, and friendly. Once you understand their social ways and style of living you can easily fit in amongst them. The country is the first in the world to legalize same-gender marriages.
Netherlands Education System
- Netherlands was amongst the first to offer Bachelor/Master courses and other programs in English in the whole of Europe. From around 77 institutions of higher education, you can choose a variety of subjects and specializations from the 2100 courses offered by them. More than 112,000 students from around the world study in the Netherlands every year.
- Dutch universities are commonly classified into 2 categories: HBO (university of applied sciences or Hogeschool) and WO (academic university education). HBO and WO institutions both offer Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, although PhD programs are taught by Dutch universities (WO) only. A third branch of higher education exists known as the ‘Third-level education’ which offers advanced or short courses suitable to international students.
- The tuition fees in the Netherlands are approximately the same as charged by other European educational institutions. A student from the European Union can expect 2,000 euros per year for a regular program. For non-EU students tuition fees vary for every university and school. Bachelor’s programs cost between 7,000 and 16,000 euros per year while a Master’s programs usually cost 9,000 to 22,000 euros per year.
- As common to the European educational systems, Netherlands measures the study workload in ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits. The Dutch grading system is computed from 10 = outstanding to 1 = very poor. A 5,5 is the passing minimum. The grading scale runs from 1 to 10. Sometimes the desired grades also depend on the type of program/study that you pursue. An average of 7,5 is more than sufficient for a Master's degree but not for a PhD.
- The concept of a Joint-stock company was invented in the Netherlands. Some of the world’s largest corporates are Dutch, and a large number of global groups are headquartered in this country. The country has an international mindset and hence, finding work post qualification or even while you are studying is not a concern. Graduating with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a Dutch university is considered a scholarly achievement.
Universities in Netherlands
Application Requirements to Study in Netherlands
|UNDER GRADUATE ( Bachelor's )||GRADUATE ( Master's )|
|TOEFL / IELTS / PTE|
|GRE / GMAT|
|Work Experience Documents||*Variable|
*Variable- This requirement varies according to the program and university
How to Apply Through Whizstorm
SIGN UP and Search
If you wish to study in Netherlands, then you are at the right place. SIGN UP to our Web-based Portal that provides information of thousands of programs in Netherlands from which you can find the right programs that suit your goals, interests and requirement. Know more about how to Search-Shortlist-Apply through Whizstorm
Buy our PLAN that streamlines your Study In Netherlands process
Whizstorm offers various PLANS for dedicated assistance wherein our process experts assist you in every phase of your process starting with profile assessment, course selection, documentation, application, admission, financial planning and VISA. Know How Whizstorm helps with PLANS to STUDY IN Netherlands
All these PLANS on WhizStorm are offered and serviced on our web-based portal, you can access your Advanced Student Dashboard which helps you to manage and track your process with complete assistance from your dedicated advisor.
Successfully Complete the Process and FLY to Study in Netherlands
Thus you can take our PLANS from anywhere in the world so that we help you successfully complete your STUDY IN Netherlands Process and Fly to achieve your dream of education abroad.
Explore our PLANS to STUDY in Netherlands
- Get dedicated assistance at every step of profile assessment, university selection, documentation, application, admission and VISA to start your Netherlands Education process
- Our Online software platform with access to the advanced dashboard enables you to track and manage your study abroad process simply and in time.
- Reasonably priced plans to help you at all the steps you need so that you can sucessfully start with your STUDY IN Netherlands